Donate Now – Make a difference!
Whaley Children’s Center is committed to filling-the-gap that exists between the cost of caring for a child and the funding it receives from the government to provide for our accredited residential and clinical programs and services. That means each year Whaley must raise 20% of its budget in private donations.
Any donation you can make helps to ensure the growth and success of our youth at Whaley Children’s Center and makes it possible for us to continue transforming lives and creating futures!
At the heart of every donor who gives to Whaley Children’s Center is a desire to help children and give them a fighting chance to succeed. Here is how your donation will make an impact.
- $25 donation provides an incoming boy or girl with a welcome gift which includes a new book, toy, outfit, blanket, and pillow
- $50 donation provides breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks to one child for 7 days
- $75 donation will cover extracurricular activities for one semester helping to enrich and expand a child’s life
- $100 donation will cover the cost of gas for our kids to travel 165 miles to school, competitions, doctors’ appointments, family visits, volunteer initiatives, job interviews, and all other off-campus opportunities that help our children foster relationships and life skills.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
Whaley Children’s Center is committed to ensuring that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in us. We validate and respect the concerns of every philanthropist and strongly believe that every donor has the following rights:
- To be informed of Whaley Children’s Center mission and vision, including the way we plan on using
donated resources, as well as our capacity to use donations effectively for
their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Whaley Children’s Center governing board and to expect the Board and the CEO to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities and avoid any conflicts of interests.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations will be handled with respect and confidentiality.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals at Whaley will be professional in nature.
- To be free to ask questions when making donations and receive prompt, accurate answers.
- To have access to the most recent financial statements of Whaley Children’s Center.
- To be added or removed from any mailing lists that Whaley Children’s Center uses.
The Donor Bill of Rights was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), The Center on Philanthropy, National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE), and Whaley Children’s Center.
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Katrina Khouri, Director of Development, at 810.234.3603 or via email at Katrina@WhaleyChildren.org.