Marketing Department Intern
Position Title: Marketing Department Intern
Reports to Position Title: Director of Marketing
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Purpose & General Description of the Position: This position is responsible for providing support to the marketing
department of a non-profit children’s residential facility.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent college level studies in Marketing, Fundraising or directly related field; OR 2 to 5 years previous work experience in the field of Marketing
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to the Agency and its insurance carrier
- Meet State & Good Moral Character & guidelines
- Educational and/or professional experience in Graphic Design,
- Social Media, and Event Planning is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to perform duties in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to independently initiate activities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Ability to organize, track, analyze, and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately enter accounting transactions into agency records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Physical ability to lift and carry/transport items weighing up to 10 pounds routinely and items weighing up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to operate QuickBooks and Excel.
- Assist with design, production and distribution of promotional materials;
- Assist with management of all of the Center’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Assists with creation of memory books for every child
- Performs website updates as needed;
- Effectively and professionally represent the Agency to the general public, visitors, guests, volunteers, media representatives, and others as required;
- Assist with design, writing and distribution of DHHS newsletter;
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and
articulating the agency’s Circle of Courage Strength Based
Program philosophy and Learning Organization Management
Associated Duties: Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Marketing Director & CEO.