Every story needs a hero and you can be one today. By joining the mentor program you can impact the life of a foster child residing at Whaley Children’s Center.
As a mentor you get to spend one on one time with a child at the Center. All matches are completed with your interests in mind, ensuring that each mentor and mentee pair have something in common. All we ask is that you visit your mentee a total of four hours a month which can be one hour per week or distributed as best for your schedule. The first four to six visits have to be on our campus, but after that, you can take your mentee to the places and events that you will enjoy together.
To be a mentor, Whaley Children’s Center has a few requirements, including:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
- Have access to an automobile
- Have auto insurance and a good driving record
- Have a clean criminal and Central REgistry history
- Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an inappropriate manner
For more information about the Mentor Program, please contact Amy Anderson at AAnderson@WhaleyChildren.org or 810-234-3603.