Studies show it takes three adult role models in a child’s life to provide the guidance necessary to become a productive and engaged young adult. These adults who share their time, talents, energy and compassion are usually parents, aunts and uncles, teachers and religious leaders. Many of our children are lacking these adults in their lives; however, by becoming a mentor to a child at Whaley Children’s Center, you can help fill this void many of our children feel. Through the mentoring program, you have the opportunity to be a role model while instilling feelings of positive self-esteem and self-worth, self-respect, hope and love.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Whaley Children’s Center’s mentoring program or any general thoughts, please contact Amy Anderson at 810.600.0141 or email@example.com.
Mentor Eligibility Policy:
- 21 years of age
- Adherence to all Mentoring Program Policies and Procedures
- One-year commitment to the program
- Commitment to spend a minimum of four hours per month with your mentee
- Willingness to communicate with your mentee and Whaley Staff weekly
- Attendance at mandatory mentor training class
- Access to an automobile or reliable transportation
- Current driver’s license, auto insurance and a good driving record
- Clean criminal history, including never being accused, arrested, charge or convicted of child abuse and/or neglect
- Ability to pass a drug screen and TB test
“How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment, we can start now, start slowly changing the world. How lovely that everyone, great and small, can make their contribution…how we can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness” -Anne Frank
“Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” -Lady Bird Johnson