Medical Aide Full-Time 2nd shift
Position Title: Medical Aide Full-Time 2nd shift
Reports to: Medical Supervisor
Purpose & General Description of the Position: In general, responsible in assisting with the Medical Supervisor in implementing tasks to help meet the medical needs of the residents.
• Completion of Medical Assistant/CNA program and can provide proof of certification.
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification for Adults and Children
• Meets State “Good Moral Character” guidelines;
• Preferably experience with children’s programs and/or working with at-risk youth;
• Valid Michigan driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to WCC’s insurance carrier.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple tasks, as well as reprioritize tasks as needed based on incoming workflow;
• Ability to effectively express oneself in verbal and written form in public speaking settings;
• Current working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other office equipment;
• Ability work well with a multi-disciplinary team and children;
• Positive customer service skills;
• Knowledge of medical terminology and its application.
• Performs minor treatments as assigned by the Medical Supervisor and as per scope of practice;
• Observes, reports, and records pertinent children status utilizing proper policies and procedures;
• Administers all medications to children, as prescribed;
• Assists the Medical Supervisor during employee medication trainings;
• Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the Agency’s Circle of Courage philosophy.
PLEASE NOTE: All other duties may be assigned periodically by the Director of Clinical Services, Medical Supervisor, and/or President/CEO.
NOTE: This description is a summary of the responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, experience, abilities, and qualifications associated with this position. It is not an exhaustive list and may be changed at any time at the discretion of Whaley Children’s Center.